Thank you for your interest in our International Max Planck Research School Physics of Light (IMPRS-PL).
We offer two different programmes. One for students holding a Bachelor’s degree in physics or in a close related subject who want to obtain their Master degree at the Friedrich-Alexander University (FAU) within the framework of the IMPRS-PL at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light. The second programme is meant for students who already obtained a Master degree in physics or engineering and would like to pursue their PhD studies in the framework of our IMPRS-PL.
To start your application, please create a new account. You’ll be asked for your name and e-mail address. During registration you’ll also be asked to select the programme you would like to apply for – the Master track or the PhD fellowship.
To get more information about the research carried out in our graduate programme, please have a look at www.mpl.mpg.de/imprs.
To apply, you need the following documents:
- High School certificate, or comparable certificate which qualifies you for entering university
- University certificates and academic records
- 2 letters of recommendation (in the process of application your two referees will be asked by e-mail to upload them)
- proof of proficiency in English
- motivation letter
- specification of preferred project(s) and a short comment why you selected this project / these projects (only necessary for the PhD applicants)
After you've created a new account and selected either the Master track or the PhD fellowship, you can use the button "Apply" to edit your application and upload the necessary documents. The mandatory items are marked (!).
After having entered all obligatory items, you will be able to submit your application. Please note that your account can not be edited any more after submission. The scientific board of our IMPRS-PL will only be informed about the submission of your application after the two letters of recommendation have been uploaded into the system. So please check the "Progress" of your application regularly to see whether or not your two referees have uploaded their letter of recommendation.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to the following:
- That we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way.
- That we (MPL and FAU) work with the received information without giving it to other parties.
- That you waive the right to view your letters of recommendation.
As soon as your two referees have submitted their letters of recommendation, your application will be transferred to the IMPRS advisors for evaluation.
If there are any problems with or questions about the application process, please contact the responsible coordinator by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.